Everyone needs a website to build their business online, but there are many small businesses that do not have a website because they think it is too expensive or complicated. However, small business website design does not have to be that complicated or costly. Here are 4 simple steps for you to Create Small Business Website for your business.
Step 1: Choose and Register Your Small Business Website’s Domain Name
When choosing a domain name for your small business, you should keep the following things in mind:
- If possible, your domain name should contain your business or company name.
- Domain names are very significant for search engines like google. When possible, you should use keywords or words that people mostly searches regarding your business or the services/products that you sell.
- Your domain name should be easy to pronounce and to remember. Keep it as short as you can and try not to use punctuation like dashes.
- It’s preferable to use the .com version of domains as it’s easy to remember, but if .com isn’t available for your business name, there are many options to choose from.
Step 2: Outline the content and pages that you want on your site.
Before designing your small business website, you should outline your content. Design is a secondary step to the content and you should facilitate the clients by making them find the needed content easily. Your website should have 5 pages to start which includes, Homepage, Products and Services page, Testimonials, About Us, and Contact page. But you can have as many pages as you’d like.
- Your homepage should include the name of your business and the places you are located at or where you serve along with several reasons to do business with your company.
- The Products and services page should provide details about all the products or services that you provide to the customers.
- The Testimonials page lends a credibility and trustworthiness about your company to the clients.
- About Us page should provide your small business background information and should describe your business briefly.
- Contact Us page is where your email, address, contact numbers, working hours and links to your social media accounts like Facebook and Twitter are. You should also use an embedded google map to your business to provide ease to the clients about finding your business.
Step 3: Decide on a Logo
The design element of your entire website will be depending on the logo type and colors that you decide, so start the design process with your logo. If you already have a logo, then you should go with it and design your website accordingly.
But if you don’t have a logo, you can work with an affordable full service web design company that provides logo design services, small business web design and development. Most web designers can design your logo as a part of the website design or for some additional fee.
Step 4: Design Your Small Business Website Site
The best way to do so is to hire a professional website designer and make custom website design for your small business website. Keep in mind that the designer has a great portfolio, and have worked for various clients. You can discuss your requirements with the web designer and make your website look exactly the way you want it to be. You can also share ideas and get ideas from the website designer.
If you’d like to design a professional website for your small business, within budget and on time, you should get in touch with My Web Programmer.